Senior Software Engineer
Im looking to speak with Software Engineers looking to take the next step in their career by joining a household name in the Medical Device Industry. Looking to develop your own portfolio and skillset by joining a company on a contract basis? I have the opportunity for you!
You will be involved in the testing of equipment and systems responsible for the production of medical devices. You will join a unique team engaged in developing specifications, designs, test and manufacturing equipment.
This role will involve:
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions for new and upgraded equipment.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release, and validation support.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- Proactively drive innovation and integration of new technologies into development strategies for the software team.
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
To be considered, you will:
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, C#, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation server and associated build processes.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
- Machine or device control design experience.
- Good working knowledge on the use of vision systems and associated tools desirable.
- Excellent communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
Sound interesting and want to know more?
For further information on this role in Software Engineering please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!