You are motivated by innovation that impacts lives. You excel when dealing with complex challenges, able to dive into the details while keeping an eye on the overarching objectives. Join us, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What youll do:
- Work as part of the engineering team on new product development projects, specifically component, process, and supplier development.
- Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria, and develop novel fixtures and test apparatus to evaluate concepts.
- Develop ex-vivo test models and methodologies for product performance evaluations. Build and test prototypes, analysing test data to identify optimal solutions to technical challenges.
- Research state of the art technologies to identify technical capabilities that can advance and accelerate the companys R&D projects and enhance product manufacturability.
- Implement DFM and DFA techniques into the design and development process.
- Evaluate, with the team, the design and supply chain risks in the project and develop strategies to highlight, monitor, manage and mitigate these risks.
- Prepare reports, documents, procedures, specifications, and technical documents in accordance with Quality System requirements to ensure the success of the project.
What you bring:
- A BSc or MSc in biomedical, mechanical, polymer, or materials engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable.
- 1-3 years of experience in a technical role at a MedTech company or an industry with regulated products and processes.
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and medical device processing technologies.
- Excellent oral and written English language and communication skills. Can express him/herself spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in complex situations.
- Proficient in SolidWorks CAD design.
- A proactive approach that enables delivery of the work required to advance the project with a minimal amount of direction.
- Dedication to hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments by following through, acting with a clear sense of ownership, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Johanne Kennedy on 086 440 7325/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!