Manufacturing Team Lead
This position is for a Team Leader working on Weekend Night Shift managing a team of 25-30 associates.
The Manufacturing Team Leader is a key role within the organization tasked with driving daily performance management at the shop floor level. This will be achieved by coaching, guiding and developing hourly Associates to drive improved results in the areas of Production, Safety, Quality, Service and Cost objectives compatible with Hollisters Mission and Vision, through execution of Hollister Production System standards. This role is additionally responsible for implementing policies and corrective actions and advocating team growth within a team based environment. Directly reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Provide leadership to the team(s) under the incumbents shift & area of responsibility to coach and enable Associates to be successful in meeting or exceeding team goals in safety, quality, service & cost in an environment of continuous improvement, engaging Associates and using HPS infrastructure as the primary management system.
- Drive resolution of issues preventing the team to achieve daily targets by effectively managing relationships with support functions under appropriate sense of urgency.
- Where applicable conduct employee performance and development reviews, provide constructive feedback for performance improvements, personal development and conflict resolution.
- Support, model, and promote Hollister Cultural Beliefs and plant culture. Interpret and apply company policies in a consistent manner.
- Ensure Associates complete all appropriate training on time and that it is recorded .
- Spend at least 70% of the time on the floor managing performance, coaching Associates and confirming appropriate standards are being followed.
- Monitor and provide developmental coaching for Associates growing into leadership roles within the team.
- Monitor metrics that impact Team performance and address shortfalls in achieving goals and targets.
- Recognize and reward Associates for achievements through use of approved programs.
- Ensure GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), requirements are maintained.
- Provide a safe work environment. Monitor safety conditions within the team, including incident reports, near misses and conduct accident investigations with root cause analysis.
- Assist in the improvement of critical KPIs for the area under supervision. Review and propose machine production rate goals based on equipment performance and continuous improvement.
- Monitor hourly/daily/weekly performance (including efficiency/scrap reports); address issues as needed.
- Participate and facilitate Tier meetings.
- Respond to and facilitate efforts to address quality issues, including corrective and preventative actions within their direct area of responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to site quality compliance requirements.
- Ensure delivery schedule meets customer priorities; analyze machine capacity and staffing needs to meet demands.
Staffing and Resource Planning:
- Manage staffing levels to ensure plans are executed, maintain cross-training matrices.
- Assist Manufacturing Supervisor in identifying skills needed for each team (leadership, technical, experience, etc.)
- Interview and select candidates for team positions
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Manufacturing Supervisor
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Frequent movement over large manufacturing floor area
- Leadership experience in a team-based environment
- Public speaking requirements (team based)
- Significant reading requirements
- Effective communication and listening skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to travel
- Flexibility to work shifts
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing facility preferable
- Proven experience and demonstrated track record in knowledge of the work, and of the job responsibilities
- Essential: Holds or in pursuit of relevant supervisory management qualification.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trust in a team environment.
- Critical Thinking and problem-solving techniques.
- Lean and Six Sigma knowledge & experience required.
- Familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems and shop floor data acquisition
For further information on this role in please contact Michael Marvin on 0864409255 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personn
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!