We are seeking a Graduate Manufacturing Engineer to join our engineering team in a regulated medical device operation. Reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a vital role in supporting the introduction of new products and the manufacturing of existing products. Your responsibilities will include providing engineering support, generating and maintaining product and process documentation, evaluating environmental impacts, participating in scaling new products, troubleshooting manufacturing issues, becoming an equipment/process expert, implementing lean manufacturing principles, driving process improvements, and ensuring adherence to safety and environmental standards.
- Support the Senior Manufacturing Engineer in introducing new products and processes into manufacturing.
- Create and maintain product and process documentation such as drawings, specifications, BOMs, validations, process flows, work instructions, and risk assessments.
- Evaluate new equipment, processes, chemicals, and materials for their environmental impact, taking steps to minimize negative effects.
- Collaborate in planning the efficient scaling of new products from initial builds to volume production.
- Take a hands-on approach in overseeing first run builds for new products.
- Work as part of a team to diagnose and resolve manufacturing issues using structured problem-solving methods, ensuring documentation through the quality system.
- Gain expertise in operating programs for specific assigned processes and equipment.
- Contribute to the implementation of lean manufacturing principles to improve efficiency.
- Continuously improve process design, layout, and operational performance, aiming to reduce defects.
- Optimize production flow to achieve quality at the source, quick feedback from inspections, and clear standard work.
- Design jigs and fixtures to meet manufacturing requirements and streamline machine changeover.
- Meet or exceed agreed milestones and goals set by the company.
- Adhere to safety and health regulations, taking responsibility for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Stay aware of environmental impacts associated with work activities and follow environmental standards.
- Contribute to energy conservation efforts, such as efficient lighting and equipment usage.
- Participate in ongoing improvement initiatives related to safety, environmental management, and energy conservation.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies and materials relevant to the company's business.
- Undertake additional duties assigned by the company, in coordination with management.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably with a final year project or industrial placement in the Medical Device Industry.
- 1-2 years of industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a practical and analytical approach.
- Ability to multitask effectively with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Familiarity with ergonomics and its application in a production environment.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies is a plus.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Danielle Quinn: at 086 044 9371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards and contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!