Summary: Primarily responsible for all aspect of site Utilities Operations & Maintenance. Responsible for the leadership, organization and supervision of the utility systems operations and maintenance team supporting bulk biologic drug substance manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing a team of Utility Maintenance & Operations technicians, engineers, specialist contract resources and shift resources.
- Planning and scheduling of maintenance, repairs and modifications to utility systems, in particular plant utilities (Steam boilers, chillers, cooling towers, compressed air system, waste water treatment systems) and clean utility systems (Water for Injection, Clean Steam, process gases).
- Management of employee and contract technical resources including shift resources.
- Responsible for the safe and compliant operation of the utility plant and systems.
- Responsible for external maintenance contracts and personnel responsible for the ongoing maintenance and system upgrades.
- Support design, commissioning, qualification and system handover of new utility equipment & systems.
- Develop and support the implementation of energy conservation and efficiency projects and supervising energy and utility usage.
- Sophisticated problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the management and reporting of Key Performance Indicators pertaining to utility system reliability, uptime, efficiency, maintenance, calibration and compliance. Promotion of continuous improvement initiatives within the department.
- Ensuring that the utilities department are audit ready and supporting regulatory inspections and internal/partner audits.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BEng in Mechanical / Chemical / Process Engineering (or other technical/science field), with 7+ years experience or equivalent in utilities operations/engineering management. May substitute relevant experience for education.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or other cGMP environment with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Excellent technical, people management, analytical, negotiation and influencing skills are required.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!