Senior PCBA Engineer
Main responsibilities will include:
- Actively take part in the creation of both new and old products, from concept through design transfer and release.
- Participate in the steps of circuit level hardware design, such as architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up, and integration of intricate printed circuit board and cable assemblies into instruments and systems.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, including those for software, mechanical design, and system engineering, while adhering to the project's budget and schedule throughout its many stages of development.
- Assist project teams with a variety of general tasks connected to ongoing product design and development.
- Verifies that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are met throughout the design process by evaluating and putting designs into practice.
- Use tools like FMEA to identify and record the primary factor causing system or component failure in the product.Generate design specifications, test protocols, execute/automate testing and associated test reports.
- Take part in technical design reviews to guarantee the integrity and safety of electrical designs.
- Create and implement test procedures to ensure design functionality and conformity with global norms, such as CE/EMC.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics Engineering or a related field.
- A solid foundation in analog and digital circuit design, with experience in microprocessors, FPGA, analog circuits for simulations, theoretical analysis, circuit analysis, and board-level simulation.
- Has knowledge of DC/DC converters.
- Working knowledge of hardware peripheral interfaces, such as those involving sensors, motors, motor drivers, touch displays, etc.
- Proven design skills for PCBA boards containing sophisticated components like FPGA, microcontrollers, and DSP processors.
- Knowledge of SI/PI analysis and design simulation.
- Testing expertise in compliance procedures such as immunity, current probe emissions, ESD, transient, and radiated emissions.
- Having knowledge of the following is highly advantageous:
- It helps to have prior experience creating firmware for embedded systems using communication protocols including I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN.
- Using a hardware description language like Verilog to construct FPGA designs is advantageous.
For further information on this role in PCBA Engineering please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!