Position Title: Automation Engineer
As an Automation Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the development, integration, and validation of machine control systems for highly automated production lines. You will collaborate within cross-functional teams to ensure the timely delivery of projects while maintaining the highest quality standards. Your responsibilities will encompass various aspects of software development, integration, debugging, and fault-finding within a validated environment.
- Integrate and debug machine control systems, including servo motion and high-speed device integration.
- Update and validate PLC and control software as part of the installation of automated production lines.
- Develop User, Functional, and Detailed Design Specifications for control systems.
- Collaborate within a team to translate Functional and Detailed Design Specifications into high-quality PLC and HMI code.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams, provide technical support, and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Maintain thorough documentation of code according to Medical Device standards.
- Embrace and uphold the Johnson & Johnson cultural Credo based code of conduct.
- Ensure effective execution and closure of Quality System documentation.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks, adhering to tight schedules.
- Integrate and debug machine control software to ensure seamless functionality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure on-time project delivery and adherence to quality standards.
- Develop, debug, and validate Control System software programs.
- Analyze, comprehend, troubleshoot, and modify automation software.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organize, plan, and execute multiple tasks within strict timelines and budgets.
- Exhibit high motivation and self-starting capabilities.
- Document work clearly and precisely.
- Communicate effectively and offer technical expertise.
- Monitor and identify opportunities for new or improved solutions.
- Maintain attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Provide training and mentorship to less experienced team members.
Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong background in PLC programming, particularly with Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, Schneider, Pilz Safety PLCs, and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
- Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, Distributed Systems, data analytics, and RFID systems would be advantageous.
- Experience in a validated environment with a strong emphasis on change control procedures.
For more information on this role please contact Padraig Lyons on
email@example.com or 086 128 7246
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!