Key Elements of the Role
- Analyse client's problems or requirements.
- Identify and evaluate potential technical solutions.
- Evaluate development and system costs and identify commercial advantages / risks.
- Manage system requirements and ensure end solution fulfils technical and commercial requirements.
- Create and maintain technical documents including function descriptions, implementation descriptions, drawings, piece lists, commissioning procedures, etc.
- Liaise with customer service department to support project tenders, technical issues and training.
- Liaise with spare parts team to advice on component selection and preparation
- Provide integration documentation for modifications on existing cranes (automation and control systems).Liaise with electrical design engineers to prepare modifications to electrical drawings.
- Liaise with software developers to prepare software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Liaise with software developers to ensure crane monitoring requirements for automation systems are updated, where necessary document requirements and verify implementation.
- Liaise with other design disciplines to prepare mechanical or structural design documentation to facilitate changes.
- Liaise with purchasing department for the selection of suitable sub-systems or component suppliers.
- Liaise with service personnel in the field to support commissioning and provide any necessary support and documentation required during the commissioning process.
- Where necessary prepare and execute on-site investigations and tests at selected customer sites.
Qualifications Requirements and Experience
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)Confident at challenging the status quo and open to adapting new technologies or techniques.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- SCADA systems development knowledge.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).Familiarity with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package.
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Experience with ABB PLCs an advantage.
- Experience in industrial network applications and design an advantage.
- Knowledge or experience with industrial Ethernet networks an advantage.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Ability to work at heights.
For more information on this role please contact Padraig Lyons on
firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 128 7246
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!