As a Component Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Supplier Capacity team, dedicated to the selection, development, qualification, commercialization, and optimization of both new and existing suppliers. Your primary focus will be to expand component capacity within our medical device divisions.
- Evaluate technical and manufacturing capabilities of new and established suppliers.
- Identify critical quality requirements for components used in manufacturing vessel closure products and translate these requirements into specifications and testing procedures.
- Collaborate with suppliers to validate novel and enhanced processes.
- Work closely with suppliers and incoming inspection laboratories to devise, validate, and enhance inspection methods.
- Recognize potential project risks and formulate mitigation strategies to ensure uninterrupted supply, top-notch quality, and adherence to project timelines.
- Continuously monitor supplier performance and offer technical support to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Identify process enhancements related to component usage or design improvements.
- Implement changes within the clients change management system.
Education and Qualifications
- Possess a National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Level 7 qualification in a relevant field, coupled with 4+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent blend of education and professional experience.
- Proficient in conducting equipment or process validations, including the preparation of protocols and reports.
- While prior experience in medical devices or related industries is advantageous, it is not obligatory.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills to effectively plan, prioritize, and manage daily tasks, adhering to project schedules with general supervision.
- Capable of multitasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Empowered to exercise judgment and authority within defined boundaries to resolve issues, with a preference for Green Belt certification or experience in employing structured problem-solving methods.
- Demonstrated adaptability and innovation in approaching tasks and problem-solving.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, essential for the role.
For further information on this role please contact Danielle Quinn on 086 044 9371 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!