- Perform Duties of Senior Research & Development Project Manager:
- Mentoring, coaching and development of direct reports if required.
- Educating oneself in the medical area for which the new devices are being developed in order to have an appreciation for what needs to be achieved with these products.
- Act as a delegate of the Research & Development Manager and the Senior Test Engineer.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Proven Project Management methodology and skills.
- Third level degree in Mechanical, Biomedical or similar discipline, Masters or Ph.D. level preferred but not essential.
- Certified in Project management is essential.
- 7+ years experience is ideal in medical device industry.
- Proven Project Leadership abilities.
- Good mechanical design and understanding of engineering fundamentals in medical devices.
- Good manufacturing design and process understanding is preferred but not essential.
- Good presentation skills (working knowledge of MS PowerPoint).
- Strong technical writer.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives (ISO13485 and FDA CFR 820).
- Team Player with ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- An ability to think and plan strategically.
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter with a passion for excellence.
- Ability to foster relationships with key stakeholders required to ensure on time project delivery.
- Experience of medical device development from concept through to commercialization.
- Ability to effectively translate needs of clinicians and SBU into project inputs is preferred but not essential.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Johanne Kennedy on 086 440 7325/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!