A superb opportunity has arisen for the position of Operations Director, with direct reporting to the Board of Directors. The key focus of this role will be to foster a culture of Lean Six Sigma by actively involving team members at all organizational levels within the warehouse network. The ideal candidate should possess a robust comprehension of process automation within a rigorously regulated setting, particularly in the handling of temperature-controlled and regulated pharmaceuticals. This role assumes leadership over the operations in the field of Pharma Wholesale.
Leadership and Vision:
- Working with the Group Centre of Excellence from an operations perspective and driving common ways of working under the Productivity System
- Develop a clear vision and mission statement that emphasizes a commitment to continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, and operational excellence.
- Communicate the importance of Six Sigma and Lean principles to all levels of the organization, ensuring alignment and buy-in from top management down to the frontline employees.
- Lead from the front in an engaging and empathic manner, creating open channels of communication embracing the Ireland employee value proposition that promotes one way of working across teammates under key pillars such as D&I, Wellbeing, Charity, Learning and Development, Recognition
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging employees to contribute ideas and suggestions for process enhancement via SRG Forum
- Recognize and reward employees for their involvement in improvement initiatives, creating a sense of ownership and pride.
- Overview of Operations Organisation from a structural perspective post Covid to ensure succession planning is considered, bench strength across key roles
Training and Education:
- Identify training needs and provide ongoing education on Six Sigma and Lean principles for all employees.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and training sessions to enhance employees' understanding of process improvement tools and techniques.
Process Analysis and Improvement:
- Regularly analyse warehouse processes and workflows to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and waste.
- Lead cross-functional teams to conduct value stream mapping and process analysis, highlighting areas for improvement.
Metrics and Performance Measurement:
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) that align with Six Sigma and Lean objectives, such as cycle time reduction, inventory accuracy, and order fulfilment rate in line with the PPS methodology.
- Establish a system for collecting and analysing data to track progress and identify opportunities for improvement.
Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Facilitate root cause analysis sessions to identify the underlying causes of process defects or deviations.
- Implement problem-solving methodologies like DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control) and PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) to systematically address issues.
Continuous Improvement Projects:
- Lead or participate in cross-functional improvement projects aimed at streamlining processes, reducing waste, and improving overall efficiency.
- Use Six Sigma tools such as process mapping, FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), and statistical analysis to guide project initiatives.
Standardization and Documentation:
- Develop and maintain standardized work procedures and documentation to ensure consistent processes across the organization.
- Implement visual management tools, such as 5S (Sort, set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain), to enhance workplace organization and efficiency.
- Effectively manage change by communicating the rationale, benefits, and expected outcomes of process improvements to employees.
- Address potential resistance to change and provide support to employees as they adapt to new processes and practices.
Supplier and Customer Collaboration:
- Collaborate with suppliers and customers to gather feedback, improve communication, and enhance overall supply chain efficiency.
- Use Lean principles to establish pull-based systems that align production and distribution with actual demand.
- Work with temp labour providers to have a more flexible approach to agency workers.
Continuous Learning and Benchmarking:
- Stay informed about industry best practices, emerging trends, and technological advancements relevant to pharmaceutical warehousing.
- Benchmark against other organizations and industries to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Integrate Six Sigma principles to identify and mitigate risks related to product quality, safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that all process improvements align with relevant regulatory standards and guidelines.
This role leads in a highly regulated pharmaceutical distribution environment ambient, temperature control as well as controlled medicines. Experience working with regulators (HPRA), Government bodies (HSE), Big Pharma significant advantage. This is a GDP environment. External stakeholders Wholesalers, Hospitals, Pharmacy Groups and Independents, Nursing homes, Big Pharma.
Key Experience / Skills / Education
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Authentic and empathic leadership style with a proven track record of delivery of 6 Sigma agenda via the engagement and empowerment of people
- Knowledge of industry and key regulatory bodies
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g., supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Education - Ideally Process Engineering, Supply Chain Logistics
- Must have experience in dealing with audits relating to HPRA/GDP Compliance and customer related activities.
- Ability to lead and mentor large teams and individuals.
- Proficient in SAP EWM & ECC
- Ability to successfully build and maintain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of innovative problem solving and thinking outside the box.
For further information on this Director of Operations role in Dublin please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!