A Day in The Life Of:
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and provides technical skills during research and / or product development.
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts.
- Provide direction in technical innovation across the department.
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs.
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / technical fronts.
- May be required to resolve technical obstacles with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities.
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor, and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community.
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy.
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or PHD with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- Previous experience in catheter delivery systems for structural heart, cardiology, or cardiac surgery is essential.
- Extensive medical device product development experience is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of polymer materials and polymer processing is a distinct advantage.
- Strong proven track record in innovation and technical advisory.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player that can work effectively and proactively on cross- functional teams.
- This role is primarily technical in nature; thus, we seek someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles someone who gets a thrill from how and why things work.
- We are looking for a proven influencer and someone who exhibits skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
- You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
- We are looking for strong communication and presentation skills.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!