The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of the Manufacturing operations and NPI team.
The role will be responsible for Manufacturing Engineering and NPI activities within the Surface Mount PCBA and Box build product line.
It will also be responsible for supporting and coordinating the Manufacturing Engineering activities of the Surface mount and electronic Box build area. This cell manufactures the companys clinical trial, prototype batch builds and NPI validation batches as well as medium and large volumes on an ongoing basis.
- Manufacturing Work instruction development.
- Manufacturing engineering support for PCBA surface mount line.
- Process development and definition for new products. Manufacturing cell layout and set up including material travel & handling.
- Process FMEA development.
- Manufacturing validation.
- Product documentation to ISO 13485 standard.
- Support the customer facing design team on Design for Manufacturing related activities.
- Coordinate New product introduction for new products.
- Specification of new equipment requirements to meet strategic growth of the Surface Mount and box build manufacturing cells.
- Work with Line technician and production operators as part of cross functional team to support the Surface mount and box build areas.
- Defining training requirements for operators/technician.
- Assist with validation and engage with External service & material Suppliers
- Drive yield / efficiency improvement projects.
- Work with broader Quality team to resolve product quality issues.
- Participation in the Internal Quality Audit Programme & Vendor Audits.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum Engineering level 7 degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience of surface mount PCBA manufacturing processes essential.
- Experience of both Electronic and mechanical box build assemblies.
- Experience of commissioning, installation, and manufacturing engineering activities of Surface Mount PCBA line.
- Inventor/SolidWorks /AutoCAD skills would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and statistics.
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results-oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Comfortable dealing with customer facing projects.
- Comfortable mentoring and coaching broader members of the Manufacturing team.
- Medical Device experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 an advantage.
For further information on this role in please contact Danielle Quinn on 0860449371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!