Leadall buying activities for critical Suppliers into BioMarin. Assist in managing the policies, procedures, systems, people and operations that support indirect procurement activities) globally. Strong focus on contributing to the development of world-class automated procure-to-pay transaction cycles. Assist in documenting and maintaining a solid internal control (SOx) environment. Understand and communicate overall corporate and functional direction, and ensure that the Companys procurement processes and systems support core business objectives while ensuring a compliant and cost effective approach. Collaborate closely with the Corporate Procurement department on cross-functional strategic sourcing initiatives and general purchasing processes and procedures.
- Senior Buyer for critical Suppliers for single use technologies, Drug Substance, Drug product and packaging
- Grow relationships to support meeting the site business plans and having no material outages
- Assist in the design and enhancement of company-wide policies and standard procedures to facilitate efficient and effective procurement activities and systems. Collaborate in the creation of coherent delivery plans and drive change adoption to facilitate process and system improvements.
- Lead and/or support Procurement Specialists in executing strategic sourcing initiatives as they relate to indirect procurement, including category analysis and identification and implementation of approved supplier contract structures. Assist in development and roll out of policies and procedures for identifying, evaluating, selecting and managing potential suppliers and assist in negotiating favorable business terms and service level agreements in collaboration with Business Stakeholders and Legal.
- Assist in the development and communication of procurement-related spend analytics and data reporting for business units. Support vendor management and negotiation activities together with business units.
- Collaborate with Finance and functional management to identify and deliver cost savings opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with key procurement stakeholders beyond user community, such as the financial planning, accounts payable, corporate accounting, IT and Legal departments.
- Report on established Procurement performance metrics and monitor baseline performance and improvements. Assist in developing new metrics based on business needs and changes
Required Skills: Minimum 5 years in a purchasing role are: Extensive ERP System knowledge, sourcing, category management, vendor management and procurement process experience. Able to work independently and assess process issue root causes, familiarity with development and communication of procurement-related policies and procedures, business acumen, customer focus and well developed communication skills.
Desired Skills: Pharma, Biotech or Life Sciences background a plus. Publicly held company procurement operations experience in a complex environment (e.g., large, multi-national corporation) strongly desired. Experience with corporate policy and procedure design and implementation, personnel development and cross-functional influence.
EDUCATION: BA in Business, Supply Chain or related field desired. Extensive procurement practice knowledge required through a combination of education and work experience.
EQUIPMENT: Proficiency using a PC and standard MS products such as: Office, Excel, PowerPoint. Reporting or analytic tool experience such as Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, a plus.
CONTACTS: Primary interfaces are any all business stakeholders from throughout BioMarin including: Development Sciences, Commercial Operations, Administrative Functions: IT, HR, Legal, Finance. Heavy interaction with the Direct Materials Purchasing function as well as Accounts Payable
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for directly supervising Procurement Operations function personnel
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Demonstrated ability to identify, scope, lead and deliver on Procure to Pay process related projects as well as coach and mentor direct reports
For further information on this role in Location please contact Sam Nolan on Consult@hero.ie or 086-1287244
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!