As part of the R&D team, you will be responsible for carrying out research and development of new products. You will focus on bringing innovative solutions to components and processes in our photochromic coating technology. Embedded in a global and cross-functional team, you will contribute to the effective technology transfer from R&D to the manufacturing facilities to complete the industrialization and commercialization of our products.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Work as part of a team to Identify new and alternative technologies to enable opportunities within the field of light management.
- Carry out material identification and testing, organising trials, detailed analysis and report writing. There will be a strong focus on organic coating development & materials identification and evaluation.
- Work on your own initiative to move project progress forward.
- Carry out iterative improvements and more importantly to identify novel materials and methods to enable new product requirements.
- Facilitate the transfer of product and process knowledge across relevant departments and Company sites by collaborating effectively with global teams.
- Present results to senior management and make recommendations.
- Document all Lab work in order to support applications for Intellectual Property.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Must be hands-on with laboratory work and process development.
- Must be self-initiative and have ability to learn both at experimental and academic levels.
- Co-ordinate trials and test work with technicians and other scientists.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work as a part of the team with a strong work relationships.
- Critical thinking
- Design of experiments
- Applied research to product development
- Knowledge of JMP Statistically software is a plus
- Previous experience in the optical or ophthalmic industry
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Johanne Kennedy on 086 440 7325/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!