My leading medical device client based in Galway are looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a hybrid basis.
As an Associate Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects including leading a product or technology development project, moderate-sized Site Transfer / Acquisition projects, and as site representative for broader Global projects as required.
- Lead small/medium-sized cross-functional development teams through collaboration, alignment, ownership and holding team members accountable.
- Provide input to functional managers on the team and team member performance. Influences & satisfies key project stakeholders through each phase of the project.
- Manage the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; proactively identifies, communicates and manages technical risk engaging the key subject matter experts in this process.
- Develop and implement the project plan proactively identifying risks and embedding appropriate mitigations into plans
- Build team ownership and commitment to the project plan outlining clear decision points Presenting options & recommendations to decision-makers supporting data/rationale.
- Develop and control the project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Follow the appropriate applicable project roadmap (e.g. PLCP process for NPI, Product Transfer roadmap for Site Transfers etc.) and represent Operations on the overall Core Team; lead the Operations team to complete all activities to current policies and practices & represents same at all phase reviews.
- Responsible for team and cross-functional communications ensuring appropriate communication is maintained throughout the project with key stakeholders and specific issues/decision points are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the communication is tailored for the audience from Project Team reviews right through to Senior Leadership reviews. Lead phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
You must have:
- NFQ level 8 degree (240 credits) in a Technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science, Software, Manufacturing); a Qualification in Project Management and/or a Level 9 (Masters) would be an advantage.
- 4+ years of project management in an Operations or New Product Development environment.
- A formal Project Management qualification or certification is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills across all levels in organization tailors the message to the audience
- Strong experience in project managing larger-scale / complex projects involving multiple functions (e.g. Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering, Global Supply Chain) and/or Multiple Sites (e.g. Global or StAR projects, Strategic Transfers)
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Must have proven skills in people management, collaboration, influencing and team building.
- Must be proficient with MS Project or similar Project planning tool.
For further information on this Senior PM role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!