Position: Embedded Software Engineer
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to collaborate with our design and manufacturing teams. In this role, you will play a crucial part in the development of durable, cost-effective medical devices that meet the expectations of our customers while ensuring the safe delivery of fluids and medications to patients. The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for software design, implementation, and testing for embedded systems.
- Create comprehensive user documentation for software design, implementation, and testing.
- Attend design review meetings as necessary to adhere to established software development procedures.
- Identify and resolve errors associated with fielded software issues.
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team, including Clinical, Electrical, Mechanical, Software Testing, and Quality departments.
- Assist the engineering team in clarifying software change requests and understanding reported issues.
- Develop software designs based on input from clinical users, the existing software framework, consultations with fellow engineers, and system functional requirements.
- Implement software solutions while adhering to coding guidelines and considering system characteristics to optimize performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Conduct software evaluation and testing, encompassing your own software, contributions from other engineering staff, and third-party software.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, with at least a Level 8 qualification, in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming.
- Strong knowledge of Assembly Language.
- Ability to analyze software written in Assembly language.
- Prior experience in embedded applications with memory and timing constraints.
- Proficiency in controlling hardware interfaces like RS232, RS485, SPI, or I2C.
- It is considered an advantage if you have knowledge of software life cycle processes, including familiarity with IEC 62304.
For further information on this role in Embedded Software Engineer please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!