Operations Shift Manager
This position will lead a multi-skilled Team in a pro-active, hands-on way, and have responsibility for all aspects of shift team performance. The Operations Shift Manager reports to the Manufacturing Area Manager and is expected to play a key role as a member of the Wider Management Team. This is a temporary position for 12 months. Based in County Mayo
- Manage, lead and motivate a multi-skilled Operations group in an empowered team-based environment, ensuring full engagement of team members.
- Execute daily and weekly production plans to meet all Business Plan commitments.
- Ensure daily operations are carried out in compliance with all appropriate safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Ensure timely completion of all corrective and preventive actions to avoid repeats of Service and Quality defects, and all audit non-conformances.
- Ensure a consistently high level of communication with the Operations team members through daily, weekly, and monthly routines.
- Drive, manage and embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture within the team to deliver improvements through lean principles and systems.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Third level qualification, diploma or degree in a business or technical discipline required.
- Years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in people management in a people focused, team-based environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a team based, matrixed, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to priorities accordingly.
- High level of PC literacy.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Continual Improvement Process
- Lean Manufacturing; Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Production Management; ISO 90001
- Six Sigma;
- Ammonia Refrigeration
- Microsoft Office
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Quality Control (QC)
- Change Management
- PLC Logic
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Production Processes
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!