- Offer guidance to the engineering team on design concepts and specification requirements for optimal equipment and manufacturing technique utilization.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and Quality to develop conceptual mechanical designs, emphasizing a solid understanding of electrical and software controls.
- Create, build, and test designs and concepts for proof-of-principle and feasibility.
- Generate comprehensive equipment and software specifications tailored to process requirements.
- Work closely with external Automation partners during the construction, development, testing, and validation of Automation equipment.
- Foster collaboration and partnerships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on objectives, strategy, and goals.
- Ensure that the operations and production teams are adequately trained and staffed to support Automation systems before deployment.
- Lead testing and validation efforts for Automation Equipment and software.
- Provide post go-live support to expedite performance achievement.
- Develop and promote best practices related to Automation equipment design principles and standards, software change control, and process control to ensure consistency and scalability.
- Design manufacturing processes, procedures, and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining, and material handling.
- Ensure that processes and procedures comply with regulations.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience collaborating with external Automation vendors and proficiency in developing and working with User Requirement (URS) and Functional Design Specifications (FDS), GAMP5, and Compliance systems.
- Experience in vision system design and software development.
- Proficiency in programming robots and cobots.
- Strong familiarity with electrical networks, including the ability to review and comprehend electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical schematics and P&IDs.
- Proficiency in HMI platforms, PLCs, and KPI measurement platforms.
- A dynamic team player with a proactive approach to cross-functional teamwork.
- Technical competence in automated manufacturing systems and processes.
- Proficiency and experience with MS Project, Office, data analysis, and Lean/Six Sigma.
- A proven track record of achieving results.
- Strong business and financial acumen, analytical skills, data-driven approach, and system-oriented thinking.
- Well-organized and resourceful, with a determined attitude to get the job done.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, approachability, and ease of collaboration with others.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization and comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
- Thrives on challenging situations and perseveres to achieve the desired outcome.
- Proficient in managing and resolving conflicts swiftly.
- A minimum of a Level 8 recognized third-level Degree in a Science/Technology/Engineering/Biomedical/Mechatronic/Polymer-related discipline (e.g., Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation, or equivalent).
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, preferably within the highly regulated Medtech sector.
- Ideally, the candidate holds a formal Project Management Certification (e.g., PMP, IPMA Level C, or an equivalent certification).
For further information on this role in Senior Automation Engineer please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!