This is a key role requiring extensive technical and organisational skills. The Facilities Technician is required to execute day-to-day facilities activities and achieve departmental goals for Safety, Quality, and Operational Effectiveness. The technician is primarily responsible for the maintenance & calibration of plant utilities, process equipment and generation of associated documentation. (paper or electronic).
- Ensures that all external calibration equipment is scheduled and completed in a timely manner
- Generate work orders, enter comprehensive job details on a regular basis
- Troubleshooting equipment and work with control system and PLCs
- Support the development of an annual Facilities budget
- Communicate to a Facilities supervisor/Manager all issues that affect the plant.
- Oversee equipment upgrades and refurbishment projects, effectively coordinating with vendor support in line with change control policies
- Schedule and ensure critical third-party activities are executed and are completed as per site procedures
- Monitor, log and review all call outs and schedule call out rota in line with production demands
- Is regularly available on standby to respond to various call outs in relation to utility and process alarms and problems
- Participate and Lead (if appropriate) improvement projects as deemed by Management
- Responsible for ensuring the Computerized Maintenance Management system (Emaint) used effectively for management of all PM, Stock control calibration activities including planning and associated records
- Ensure that routine preventative maintenance programme is adequate and completed in full and in a timely manner as defined per local Standard Operating Procedures and/or Work Instructions.
- Responsible to review Unplanned Maintenance completion and adequacy,
- Responsible for recording and tracking Planned Maintenance and Unplanned Maintenance activities,
- Ensures that equipment is suitable and are maintained to a sufficient standard to permit continued processing to validated parameters; this includes actively and proactively participate to continuous improvement of the equipment and process
- Schedule and complete Bi Weekly Maintenance checks in and complete outstanding tasks from investigation.
- Responsible for the coordination of projects and Improvements initiative activities related to EO under the directive of the Facilities Manager and/or Site Quality Manager.
- Consistently improve facility performance to ensure operational efficiency and site safety standards
- Ideally 3 years Experience in qualified trade
- Level 6 in qualified industry or equivalent certificate
- An ability to build relationships operations teams is key.
- A structured, logical thinker with good analytical skills, and excellent spreadsheet and presentation skills.
- Project management experience is an advantage
- Continuous improvement, Mechanical, Electrical background is an advantage
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills with energy and charisma.
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
For more information on this role please contact Padraig Lyons on
firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 128 7246
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!