Are you ready to embark on a dynamic journey? I am thrilled to invite you to the forefront of innovation. In the role of Senior R&D Manager, you won't just be a member of the TAVR and Congenital R&D leadership team; you'll be a visionary shaping the future of my clients Therapy Delivery Group (TDG).
What Awaits You:
1. Serve as a member of the TAVR and Congenital R&D leadership team, contributing to the overall strategy for the Therapy Delivery Group (TDG). 2. Be responsible for nurturing a team of skilled and motivated engineers. 3. Support active programs, collaborating with cross-functional partners within the Organization Unit (OU) to develop strategies and advance our product pipeline.
A Typical Day
- You will lead, cultivate, and inspire an exceptionally talented and diverse engineering team that excels in designing and developing groundbreaking transcatheter medical devices and procedures.
- As a member of the senior management team, you will take part in the continuous growth and expansion of the organization in alignment with business needs, ensuring that the necessary skill sets are in place to ensure predictable outcomes.
- Collaboration with internal and external experts to enhance relevant clinical and technical expertise and contribute to strategic planning.
- Foster and strengthen cross-site and cross-functional relationships within a large, matrixed organization.
- Ensure the attainment of project objectives and milestones, even in the face of initially complex or ambiguous outcomes.
- Contribute to project decisions, drawing on your personal expertise, customer feedback, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
- Manage a team of high-level engineers and other managers involved in various product development and technology exploration projects.
- Actively mentor, coach, and establish career development plans for your direct reports.
- Collaborate with core teams to define objectives and assess the progress of your team members.
- Be accountable for managing the budget and resource allocation for the functional cost center.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, as well as external standards and guidelines.
- Innovate and devise novel solutions to address both engineering and organizational challenges.
Key Skills & Experience
- Hold a Level 8 Degree in Engineering or a related discipline; a master's degree is preferred, with at least 10 years of relevant direct engineering experience in a similar environment.
- Possess a minimum of three to five years of direct managerial experience with engineers, along with a history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Exhibit strong team-building, communication, people management, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Program Management is a distinct advantage.
- Be a dynamic team player and mentor who can work effectively and proactively within a global team.
- Have experience in the medical device market and a proven track record of results-driven accomplishments.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!