- Operating in a progressive and production focused Engineering Team, reporting to the Plant Engineering
- Manager, the Automation Engineer has direct responsibility for delivery of automation projects in a top class spray drying facility.
- Currently embarking upon a plant upgrading project which this role will be directly involved in and will continue to manage through to completion and beyond into steady state
Manage Process Reliability & Capability
- Establish capability of all processes and develop statistical process controls to monitor and ensure processes are stable and deliver products that meet customer specifications
- Ability to maintain complex in house automated systems
- Ability to deliver new projects and solutions that ensure a constant rate of continuous improvement
- Ability to keep up to date with the ever changing technological environment, equipment changes and product changes
- Monitor and Improve OE - Track and process line reliability & performance. Identify bottlenecks within the process, report and conduct root cause analysis with relevant team members.
- Modify existing control systems to meet changing production demands.
- Identify opportunities where automation can benefit and enhance production
- Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing Practical Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis and perform GAP analysis on manufacturing data to understand where to focus/prioritise problem solving efforts.
- As part of a wider project team assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on the site objectives including those related to Food Safety and EHS Projects
- Excellent communicator who facilitates bottom up and top down communication channels together
- A proven doer who acts with speed, agility and pragmatism to deliver results
- Strong logical and clear thinking individual
- Strong self discipline and a structured approach
- Embodies safety first culture with full and thorough commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to meticulously plan processes
- The maturity and professionalism to deal with all levels of the organisation in a factual and cordial manner and capable of writing concise and clear report commentary
- Strong ethical character required
- Team player who fosters good will and respect in the immediate and greater team environment
- Enthusiasm for the role of business combined with professional presentation and communication skills
- Ability to make presentations to high level groups
- Maturity to build relationships within Danone
- Flexibility and adaptability in changing environments
- You will have a minimum qualification of Level 8. B.Sc. or B.Eng. honours degree in Automation, Electronics, Mechatronics, Electrical or Software Engineering with a proven track record of successfully completing automated projects
- The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of all aspects of complex automated systems including PLC, vision systems, as well as a good understanding of MES systems.
- Knowledge of Siemens S7, WINCC and Wonderware a distinct advantage
At least 5 years relevant experience in an FMCG, fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment with demonstrable and transferable skills is essential
Proficient in the use of MS Office tools and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control Systems
- A solid understanding of most industrial networks as well as an appreciation of machine design and control are essential.
- Understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing
- Experience in standardisation of processes.
- Proven Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
For further information on this role please contact Hannah Browne +353872197421 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!