Reporting to Automation Department, the Automation Technician must have strong electrical and mechanical skills.
They will be responsible for completing electrical and mechanical assembly work on in-house custom made machines as well as upgrades and retrofits of existing equipment.
They will also be responsible for maintaining and/or repairing manufacturing equipment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Complete electrical wiring of electrical/control systems on equipment in accordance with design schematics.
- Complete assembly of mechanical systems including pneumatics in accordance with design schematics.
- Complete machine setup and functional checks.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records to ensure high levels of uptime.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve equipment issues. Implement corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Complete assigned continuous improvement projects and train others as required.
- Flexibility to travel to support new equipment.
- Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution.
- Ability to work as part of a core team. Actively promote and participate in a cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Equipment adjustment and technical/process resource for production and/or process development staff.
- Fully comply with all elements of GMI environment Health & Safety Management System.
Qualifications Experience & Education Requirements:
- The successful candidate will preferably have an Automation background with at least 2 years experience with electrical and mechanical instrumentation.
- Level 6 qualification or equivalent trades in electrical engineering, mechanical, controls and automation, electronics or mechatronics.
- Experience in electrical panel wiring is desirable.
- Experience in interpreting technical drawings is essential.
- Experience in mechanical / high volume automation / robotics desirable.
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment desirable.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Programmable controllers, Vision Systems and Workshop machining desirable.
- Strong mechanical problem solving skills essential.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Danielle Quinn: at 086 044 9371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards and contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!