The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in conceptualizing and executing the software architecture for our client's product, focusing on PLC software and associated applications with a Windows-based framework. The primary responsibility involves seamlessly integrating crane control systems with third-party equipment, instrumentation, and terminal operating systems.
We are actively seeking a Control Systems Software Engineer to join our dynamic software and control systems team, which is at the forefront of developing diverse software solutions for our client's product. The scope of this role extends across user interaction, hardware and device interfacing, crane control, drive and motion, sensor fusion, and data science and analytics. Our vertically integrated control system offers extensive opportunities for candidates to contribute to various aspects, including administering and maintaining our suite of products and services.
Innovate and integrate software solutions tailored for crane control systems on the product.
- Develop software components within a comprehensive software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, and other design disciplines to conceive and implement software elements for crane control systems.
- Engage with Testing, Commissioning, and Service departments to ensure a smooth project launch.
Provide support to the sales department in project tenders, technical inquiries, and training initiatives.
- Analyze client issues or requirements, as presented by the sales team.
- Identify and assess potential technical solutions.
- Evaluate development and system costs, highlighting commercial advantages and risks.
Contribute to risk assessments to ensure that new features comply with safety standards.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Experience:
- Possess a minimum Level 7 degree in Mechatronics, Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the full life cycle (design, development, deployment, and support) of large-scale control systems using ABB PLC programming (e.g., ABB Automation Builder) or an equivalent PLC platform.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, including design and code reviews, version control, issue tracking systems (e.g., Jira), and the use of Confluence or a similar wiki system.
- Programming proficiency and experience in both Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- Previous engagement with PLC/DCS systems in an object-oriented manner.
- Proficiency in scripting languages.
- Experience with PLC bus systems (e.g., Profinet, Profibus, CAN bus, Modbus, etc.).
- Expertise in risk analysis and safety compliance related to PLC control, along with an understanding of Performance Levels (PLr/SIL).
- Strong understanding and experience in IP industrial networking and system communications.
- Willingness to engage in occasional international travel.
- Ability to work at elevated heights.
For further information on this role in PLC Programmer please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!