Maintenance Technician (Electrical):
To manage the maintenance and repair of equipment on site. Liaise with external contractors for the maintenance and repair of same. The Lead Maintenance Technician is also responsible for running and maintaining the preventative maintenance system to the procedure. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all process equipment on site and support Facilities & Utilities where required.
- Responsible for small maintenance projects improvement Initiatives.
- Lead commissioning/validation from technical perspective on existing and new projects.
- Responsible for maintenance equipment training on new and old equipment. Technical reviews of internal risk assessments and method statement for maintenance department.
- Filing and archiving of Facilities and Maintenance documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring communications and updates for the Maintenance Dept. and other departments are escalated in a timely manner, prioritize based on site requirements criticality.
- Assigning accurate hours against all planned work.
- Liaise with engineering team on management of maintenance contracts, service level agreements and onsite contractors.
- Leading site requirement to record high level detail to all work orders, PMs.
- Ensure all CMMS activities are carried out to the highest standards.
- Work with Maintenance Engineer and Quality Engineers to ensure PM program is kept up to date.
- Work with Engineering to identify mechanical, electrical and automation spares to ensure maximum availability of equipment.
- Ensure minimum equipment downtime through preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Respond to failed equipment to reduce downtime as part of our critical response team.
- Plan equipment downtime with production and external vendors.
- Lead technical input to weekly planning meeting for preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of P&ID, Electrical & Pneumatic Drawings, and process flow charts.
- Work with the engineering and production teams in troubleshooting equipment & site problems.
- Ensure proper documentation in line with Good Engineering Practices (GEP) for all equipment.
- In conjunction with approved vendors, research new processes and/or systems for maintenance/manufacturing and implement new processes and systems as developed under the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure statutory requirement and cGMP compliance.
- Observe and actively identify for energy saving possibilities and execution.
- Leadership role in the development and implementation of site 6S and associated internal auditing.
- Act in accordance with the companys Guiding principles and adherence to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures, and corporate policies.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hands on working experience preferably in a maintenance role within the manufacturing industry.
- Familiarity using CMMS.
- Ability to interpret/design electrical schematics and to read hydraulic, pneumatic and P&ID drawings
- Previous experience working on technically challenging applications would be an advantage.
- Team player.
- Strong competence in IT · Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels within the organisation.
- Structured way of working & strong organisational skills
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers and external contractors.
Note: Full clean driving license required.
For further information on this role in please contact on Gavin Moran on 087 4108620 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!