EHS Manager Galway This presents an incredible chance to take the reins of the EHS function and join an energetic team in the heart of the Engineering and Maintenance division. Im looking for someone who can champion my clients vision: becoming the worlds most esteemed global provider of outstanding, competitively priced pharmaceutical products, while delivering exceptional services and support their customers As the EHS Manager, youll report directly to the Director of facilities & Engineering, utilising your robust experience to ensure Health & Safety compliance is not just met but exceeded throughout the company. Get ready to be at the forefront of a dynamic journey KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Environmental, Health and Safety function of the Group.
- Manage incident and accident reporting for the Group and actions arising from same
- Liaise with Insurers and HSA when required
- Represent the group at audits and site visits by the HSA, Environment authority, Insurers and customers.
- Maintaining Updating and writing of all H&S procedures and compliances.
- Responsible for training and compliance of staff on all H&S procedures
- Responsible for Manual Handling Training of all staff
- Responsible for ergonomics assessment
- Responsible for DGSA and Molecule assessment
- Ensure site compliance with environmental, health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance to documented procedures and cGMP requirements are maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Achievement of KPIs as outlined in Performance and Development Plan
- Supervise outside contractors in compliance with company guidelines.
- Site security and monitoring. COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent People Management, Organizational, Time Management and Communication skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Analytical & strong problem solving skills
- Relationship development and management skills and collaborate with others is vital.
- Demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of the organization.
- The above is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated initiative and self-starter
- Experienced People Manager
- Minimum Level 7 degree in a Health & Safety/ Environmental discipline.
- Minimum 10 years experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in a Pharmaceutical/Manufacturing (GMP) environment
- Excellent communications skills.
- Knowledge of chemicals.
- Can work independently as well as with other departments. For further information on this EHS Manager role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on +353 868395531 or email email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/. Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval. Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!