Telephone: 086 8395531
3D Printing Manufacturing Engineer – Senior
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a 3D Printing Manufacturing Engineer – Senior for their site.
- As the Senior Engineer you will be an integral part of a global team who will develop 3D Printing technology in partnership with the operating companies who will ultimately bring 3D Printed product to market.
- On a daily basis your work as part of this virtual team in the 3D Printing CoE will interact with the Engineering, Quality, Operations and the Design teams to develop this technology.
- You will lead many process feasibility discussions while utilizing your experience to ensure the development of a highly successful process that will surpass customer expectations.
- You will research, develop and implement technologies to develop a robust supply chain.
- In this highly rewarding role your communication and project management skills will be critical to success.
- You will report directly to the Cork based Principal Engineer and work closely with the global project team.
Summary of Job:
The Senior Engineer will be required to:
- Develop deep insights into the needs of our operating companies, patients, customers, markets and communities.
- To cultivate external relationships and forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise.
- Drive innovation by anticipating and shaping industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
- Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
- To empower people to act with speed, agility, and accountability
- Lead 3D Printing Engineering activities while ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
- Bringing 3D Printing and Netshape Technologies to production readiness
- Lead technology selection and process design for product manufacture.
- Manage Partner Development, technology Readiness Assessments, PFMEA/risk assessment studies and process development/validation activities.
- Deliver stable, lean manufacturing solutions.
- Budget control
- PhD or MSc in Mechanical/Biomedical/Materials Engineering or a related discipline with 6 years’ experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent regulated environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Titanium 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area
- Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Chartered Engineer
- Value Engineering practitioner
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
For further information on this 3D Printing Manufacturing Engineer – Senior role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval