Our client a development and innovation company in Galway are currently looking to recruit temporary Accounts Assistant to provide accounts payable for their site on a contract basis.
- Assist with all accounts payable duties including generating purchase orders, coding, invoice matching, and making payments;
- Provide support with the processing of travel and subsistence (expenses) claims;
- Weekly payment runs including foreign currency payments using online banking;
- Basic monthly accounting journal entries;
- Monthly creditor and bank reconciliations;
- Responsibility for updating the fixed asset register with additions and disposals;
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets;
- Conduct a review of all fixed assets for impairment or revaluation reviews;
- Periodic fixed asset inventory counts and reconciliation to the fixed asset register;
- Weekly payroll;
- Working with external and internal auditors during audits;
- Maintaining client and supplier databases;
- General filing and archiving;
- Audit and process credit card bills;
- Dealing with supplier and internal staff queries in a professional manner;
- General support within the finance team as and when required.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of one year in a similar accounts assistant / accounts payable role.
- Experience with computerised accounts packages, preferably Microsoft Dymanics or Integra (expenses software).
- Experience with VAT, Professional Services and Prompt Payments transactions.
- Proven commitment to achieving deadlines and delivering high quality work.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Thrives in a busy and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Team player with an open and energetic attitude, easy to shift between tasks and responsibilities who can work independently as well.
Qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Jenny Dora on 021/2066287 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.