Account Payable Analyst
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Account Payable Analyst for their site.
As part of the Finance Team your role is to manage the EMEA region Account payable function and to also manage associated Travel and Expenses policy, Concur, Credit card and expenses systems and all activities associated with the account payable function including the co-ordination of the AP Team with the Shared Services Team.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- The accounts payable (AP) team will have daily coordination with the Financial Shared Services (FSS) function, organize monthly calls, issue agendas for calls and minutes after the calls and follow up on action items.
- Coordinate the payments runs with AP FSS and issue the schedule each quarter.
- Review all AP batches of invoices processed by AP FSS and request any necessary corrections prior to approval.
- Review all AP ageings and have items processed in a timely manner with AP FSS.
- Review the creditors reconciliations produced by AP FSS and ensure that any missing invoices are requested.
- Review the outstanding invoice reports issued by AP FSS on a bi-weekly basis and ensure that AP FSS follow up on all actions required to have these invoices processed.
- Ensure all new suppliers bank details are verified as per supplier fraud prevention policy.
- Deal with any payment allocation issues from suppliers and follow-up with FSS purchasing on any issues with purchase orders.
- Answer all supplier/employee queries in a timely manner.
Travel and Expenses:
- Processing of all travel expenses (T&E) in accordance with the travel policy for the Tuam, Paris office and commercial teams and liaising with managers on any expenses approved outside the policy.
- Management & administration of the expense tool Concur globally, linking with IT on any changes required to the import from Concur to Accounting system (MFG).
- Management & monitoring of the credit card facility for both expenses and purchased cards.
- Liaison with the banks as necessary on any issues with credit cards.
- Ensure all new hires that are required to travel have an induction session on the T&E policy and if necessary a credit card application done.
- Ensure that all expenses are processed to the correct general ledger accounts and review for accuracy.
- Ensure that expenses are imported on a timely basis.
- Issuing communications to all employees on any changes to the T&E policy, instances of non-compliance to the policy or improvements to make the process better.
- Monitoring the personal use of company credit cards and communication of any issues which arise to employees.
- Prepare the Irish VAT 3 returns, VIES and Intrastat Return and upload on ROS
- Co-ordinate Netherlands(NL) VAT report with Taxback.com for the Monthly VAT returns for the distribution centre in NL
- Prepare monthly VAT reconciliations for all VAT types
- Co-ordinate any VAT reclaims for travel expenses and foreign VAT invoices with Taxback.com
- Monitor any changes to goods flows and legislation that require current changes to the way VAT, VIES and Intrastat returns are prepared.
Month end/Year end Reporting:
- Ensure that all travel expenses are accrued at month- end as per the schedules.
- Ensure all postings are made to the general ledger for the account payable function by Workday 1(WD)
- Perform the reconciliation of the AP accounts at each closing for all the currencies outstanding at closing.
- Ensure all the Month end and year-end deadlines are met with closing the AP function
- Liaise with our auditors for interim and year end audits and provide requested samples as required.
- Test and Implement any changes to AP systems as a result of changes to the business requirements, changing banks, legalisation changes, MFG (accounts system) projects.
- Understand implications of changes made to systems and the effect they have on postings/ links to other systems.
- Manage any Requests for Auditors as required.
- Complete any reports as required for global finance, budgets from concur etc.
- MMC – Ensure that the MMC (Internal Control) is updated for accounts payable as required and ensure compliance.
- Desk top manual- Ensure that all procedures for the AP function are kept up to date and that any changes are captured as part of the annual review by Finance and quality for ISO requirements.
- The above list is not exhaustive and will be subject to change in line with the requirements of the business.
- 5 years accounts experience, preferably within a multi-national environment.
- Accountancy qualification an advantage (part-qualified/accounting technician) desirable
- Working with a shared services function an advantage
- Competent in Microsoft office (strong excel skills required)
For further information on this Account Payable Analyst role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.