Who is the client
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Accountant for their site on a 9 month contract.
What Will I Be Doing
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for a number of European Sales Entities.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations for bank, fixed assets, payroll, accruals etc.
- Prepare payroll and reconcile on a monthly basis for European employees.
- Prepare VAT returns and intrastate returns for European Sales Entities.
- Liaise with European Accounting firms on tax issues and statutory reporting.
- Advise and assist European Regional Director in any finance related issues or needs.
- Sales Reporting and Analysis up to 20 different regions.
- Ability to prepare and analyse data and create reports for management.
- Ensures accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Proposal and development of continuous improvements using lean tools to existing processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance for functional area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and provide input for KPIs.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting files and archives are maintained.
- Assist in special financial analysis reporting and projects, as required
- Performs a variety of other related accounting tasks as required.
What Do I Need
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and 3 years+ relevant accounting experience.
- A broad knowledge of accounting and financial control principles and their business applications.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent Excel reporting skills and ability to analyse a high volume of data.
- Previous experience of working in a Finance Shared Service environment and experience of Oracle financials is desirable
For further information on this Accountant role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0860449371 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval