Our client, an IT company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Accountant for their site on a permanent basis. This role will be reporting to the international controller.
Support the International Controller in the coordination of the general accounting activities to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial information.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly accruals & prepayments
- Prepare monthly AP Clearing reconciliations
- Prepare and post revaluation journals
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations and related journal entries
- Manage Inventory on a weekly basis.
- Prepare monthly commission reports.
- Prepare various account reconciliation/analysis
- Prepare VAT returns in various European Countries
- Prepare VIES and Intrastat returns.
- Issue sales invoices in accordance with sales tax regulations
- Prepare a weekly sales report and forecast.
- Approve vendor purchase orders.
- Complete sales reports on a quarterly basis
- Complete weekly and monthly payments for approval.
- Process claim for rebates and calculate breakdown for SBUs
- Submit details for new VAT registrations
- Maintain the Accounts payable ledgers – to include purchase invoices, employee expenses and credit cards.
- Training of new staff members
- Assist in the preparation of the MOR
- Assist with the audits
- Assist in the preparation of the AOP and forecasts.
- Customer and Vendor queries
- General Admin duties when required.
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA
- 5+ years’ experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
For further information on this Accountant role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.