Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Accountant for their site.
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for a number of European Sales Entities.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for bank, fixed assets, payroll, accruals etc.
- Prepare payroll and reconcile on a monthly basis for European employees.
- Prepare VAT returns and intrastate returns for European Sales Entities.
- Liaise with European Accounting firms on tax issues and statutory reporting.
- Advise and assist European Regional Director in any finance related issues or needs.
- Prepare and analyse data and create reports for management.
- Compilation of accurate and timely accounting information, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement, of processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance for functional area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and provide input for KPIs.
- Ensure accounting files and archives are maintained.
- Assist in special financial analysis, reporting and projects, as required
- Perform a variety of other related accounting tasks, as required.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Accounting Qualifications (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) preferred with a minimum of three years relevant accounting experience.
- A broad knowledge of accounting and financial control principles and their business applications.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail in performing accounting tasks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent Excel reporting skills and ability to analyse a high volume of data.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience of working in a Finance Shared Service environment is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle financials highly desirable but not essential
For further information on this Accountant role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval