Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for their site.
- Reporting to the Management Accountant this role will contribute to the efficient running of the finance department.
- You will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the work carried out by the Finance team in the areas of Accounts Payable (AP), Treasury, Financial Controls and Government Agency Grant Claims.
- The role will contribute to delivering continuous improvements in outputs, processes and support to the business.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Financial Report & Control (FR&C)
- Process bank payments & intercompany transfers to nominal ledger
- Compile employee Travel & Expense (T&E) reports (including credit cards) & submit for payment. Ensure all relevant supporting documentation is provided & approved. Prepare monthly Analysis to T&E spend.
- Prepare & post month end journals for all purchase invoice posted through Intercompany accounts.
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly management accounts and financial pack to ensure accuracy of information included.
- Compile data required for Government Agency grant claims and contribute to the timely accurate submission of all claims.
- Contribute to the annual financial audit.
- Provide ad hoc reports as required.
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Process weekly payment run & post payments to nominal ledger
- Contribute to the accounts payable team to ensure all purchase invoices are processed and paid in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Deal with Suppliers invoices queries
- Prepare credit reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Monitor controls in place for the approval of purchase invoices to ensure best practice.
- Provide support to treasury function when required.
- Part Qualifies Accountant or Accounting Technician qualification may be an advantage
- At least 2 years’ prior relevant experience would be an advantage
- Good MS Office (eg Excel) skills essential.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner
For further information on this Accounts Assistant role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.