Our client a leading MNC located in Galway is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Manager. This is a 12-month contract role. This position is responsible for Europe, Middle East (EME)/LAMARCIS Accounts Payable at the shared service centre, including refund management, vendor credit monitoring and cash out optimization. In summary, the successful candidate will, as part of the shared service centre Finance team,
- Transition AP functions from existing in-country accounting team to the shared service centre where identified as preferable for the business.
- Implement AP controls in countries where the AP function resides locally.
- Display flexibility and manage different portfolio and vendor types as required by the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead & manage the AP function for all legal entities within scope of the shared centre
- Direct involvement in the recruitment, training, performance management and development of employees
- Manage Esker implementation in order to reduce the manual touch points on AP processing
- Build business relationship with Vendors in the assigned portfolio. This includes
o correspondence with vendors and managing inquiries
- Produce and review monthly reports
- Responsible for monthly AP close
- Ensure AP processes are in compliance with documented SOX controls
- Ensure timelines for AP payments and employee expenses are adhered to.
- Oversight on the Corporate Credit card process and ensure employee compliance with Company credit card policies.
- Oversee and review vendor payments
- Ensure invoice on hold targets are met in relation to the weekly invoice on hold report
- Work directly with Purchasing and Receiving departments to resolve invoice issues
- Intercompany payments
- Provide information on cash flow forecast preparation
- Develop KPI’s within Accounts Payable
- Keep a record of vendor contacts and ongoing vendor issues
- Participate in special projects such as process improvements and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Financial Controller
- Professional finance qualification is desirable
- Third Level Degree an advantage
- 5+ years relevant experience in an accounts payable role – preferably with Shared Service Centre and multinational corporation background
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office
- Fluency in a European language an advantage
For further information on this Accounts Payable Manager role in Galway please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval