Telephone: 086 8395533
ADAS Simulation Engineer
Our client, an automotive company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a ADAS Simulation Engineer for their site.
- Design and develop sensor models, with particular focus on camera sensor simulation, aligning to the company optics pipeline.
- Integrate sensor models with internal and external simulation platforms and tools for model in the loop (MIL) and software in the loop (SIL).
- Develop link from camera sensor model to ECU hardware using National Instruments PXI based hardware in the loop (HIL) test systems.
- Continuously improve simulation environment. Develop validation and benchmark techniques to compare simulated environment with the real world.
- Interface with ADAS system design and testing activities to understand simulation needs and functional requirements.
- Support the specification / requirements phase for defining sensor simulation.
- Participate in technology / supplier / test tool selection for new projects. Keep abreast of the latest technologies and features.
- Generate Design for Test (DFT) requirements and ensure they are included as part of the project deliveries.
- Train and support users in the successful usage of the test environments.
- Work with suppliers and customers to define a model sharing process following industry best practices.
- Link to company networks on simulation topics, standardising approach across product lines.
- A relevant Technical Engineering Degree e.g. Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc.
- Ideal candidate would have experience in camera sensor model / optics design and development.
- Minimum 5 years software development experience in either C, C++, LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA or MATLAB.
- 1-3 years’ experience in video / camera optics / 3D simulation / graphics generation.
- 1-3 years’ experience in simulation an advantage.
- Experience with ADAS sensor hardware, and sensor models: camera, ultrasonic, radar, laser, etc. an advantage.
- Experience in using vehicle simulation software in the loop (SIL) and hardware in the loop (HIL) tools an advantage. Ideally National Instruments and Vector hardware, IPG Carmaker & LabVIEW software.
- Digital hardware and communications protocols understanding (e.g. I2C, PCIe, SPI, UART).
- Automotive development / validation experience an advantage.
- Experience with vision system development and integration into HIL systems an advantage.
- Basic experience in image processing and computer vision algorithms required.
- Project Mgt
- Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Development process
- Product Standard
- The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about modelling and simulating end to end camera systems.
- Ability to work autonomously, and organise task priorities to meet project objectives.
- Strong analytical and technical documentation skills.
- Knowledge of ISO26262/ISO15504/SPICE an advantage.
- High degree of innovation and creativity and a strong mindset of continuous learning.
- Experience and expertise in Autonomous Vehicle and Driver Assist Technologies an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
For further information on this ADAS Simulation Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval