Telephone: 087 2197421
Adhesives Application Engineer – Mechanical Design
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Adhesives Application Engineer for their site.
- Responsibility, for defining, leading and developing material adhesive solutions, based on defined requirements.
- Is the adhesives application owner - ensuring the R&D and industrial application meets the customer need
- Performs first principle analysis of product solutions
- Lead technical interactions with suppliers to develop solutions and understand emerging technology
- Interface with customers to develop solutions
- Ensure applications are developed economically and are aligned to the overall product development roadmap
- Liaise with appropriate lab services
- Responsible for adhesive application activities for defined projects
- Actively participate in defined project teams including scheduling, product and process reviews and DFM activities
- Problem solving - formal, using existing tools and processes
- Experiment plans including statistical DOE’s and their analysis
- On the job training
- Produce and maintain design rules
- Benchmark and reverse engineer existing solutions
- Develop relationships with relevant institutions and services to advance the development network
- Bachelor degree (mandatory) in Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant experience – 5 years +
- Knowledge of automotive development process a distinct advantage
- Highly organised
- Mind-set of continuous improvement
- Experience in adhesive application engineering - concept to mass production on several projects. Ideally in a regulated, high volume industry.
- Engineering Adhesives
- Substrate preparation
- Adhesive processing and curing mechanisms
- Automotive environmental applications
- Knowledge of electronic assemblies and high volume manufacturing.
- Six Sigma
- Lab and analysis tools/methods
For further information on this Adhesives Application Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.