Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- Leads the innovation and development of assigned manufacturing processes, technology and procedures required for the manufacture of New Products. Conduct and document all necessary testing and validation prior to product transfers. Participation in multifunctional product development teams to ensure seamless handover of new products and/or processes to production. Uses concurrent engineering and rapid prototyping techniques to reduce product time to market whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
- Investigation, design, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology for the introduction of new products. Liaise with Quality Assurance, Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Advanced Operations, Supply Chain, and others as necessary.
- Execute all administrative and regulatory requirements necessary for proper documentation and record keeping associated with new process/product introductions.
- Compilation of Capital Expenditure Requisitions for new process equipment.
- Procurement, contract negotiation, installation, validation of new manufacturing equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Partner with strategic sourcing and supplier quality personnel for the specification and improvement of new raw materials and process consumables or the sourcing, auditing and validation of new suppliers.
- In compliance with QSR requirements, preparation and maintenance of product routings, standard operating procedures, fixtures and tooling drawings. Compilation and coordination of Engineering Bill of Materials (BOM) and Engineering Change Requests (ECR).
- Handover of new processes from development to production. Ensure all appropriate engineering prints, work instructions and all other essential process related documentation is in place prior to production start.
- Ensure the efficient and timely transfer of process knowledge from project personnel to manufacturing engineers
- 3-5 Years related Engineering experience in an R&D or manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science).
- Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts. Ability to operate small hand tools, inspection equipment, and common office equipment. Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes requiring extended work hours.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures (i.e. assembly instructions, inspection procedures, capital proposals).
- Must be able to analyse and correct complex product and/or process issues using independent judgement
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base).
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE computer systems, ISO and Macro B programming, statistical methods and process capability and Minitab.
For further information on this Advanced Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website - www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval