Advanced Quality Planning Engineer
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Advanced Quality Planning Engineer for their site.
The SBU AQP Engineer will influence business bottom line results by leading, delivering and reporting IR-internal Advanced Quality Planning activities for new product development programs and changes using IRPDP (Ingersoll Rand's Product Development Process standard work). The responsibility includes all quality related aspects of production readiness (AQP / IRPDP), risk assessments, launches, validation, product transfers and management of change and controlled hand over to the manufacturing plant ensuring product quality and customer satisfaction by leading multifunctional groups utilizing visual management (key leading indicators and performance metrics) for AQP effectiveness and providing feed-back and actively suggesting improvements to the IR lean quality management system / BoS.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as core team member on new product development / 3P teams. Train and mentor less experienced group members on responsibilities, procedures, and processes, including assisting in development and monitoring the implementation of training plans for new team members.
- Develop and ensure that program goals including quality and reliability are met in compliance with specifications and standard work
- Lead AQP and PPAP activities for internal and intra-company supplied parts including Component Risk Assessments, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Validation, interact with Supplier Development Engineers for purchased components
- Develop AQP plans for NPD programs; ensure resources are obtained as required
- Identify gaps and create closure plan for quality and reliability targets
- Utilize various tools to evaluate the effectiveness of AQP including Gemba, management reviews, internal audits, feedback from internal and external customers, warranty data, and traceability, etc.
- Lead teams/projects related to compliant investigation, CAPA (especially systems root cause and corrective action), cost reduction, and quality system excellence. Use of TQM tools including six sigma and Taguchi methods as required
- Review, challenge and simplify existing, develop, and apply quality driven test systems and procedures to assure products meet in- tended use and customer expectations.
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation and applied knowledge in:
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate associates and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Team oriented proactive change agent with a hands-on, collaborative approach in implementing and maintaining operating disciplines while leveraging lean methodologies
- New Product Development and Management of Change (AQP, PPAP, FMEA) applying Quality At the Source and poke-yoke methodologies
- Problem solving techniques, process improvement tools, statistical and sampling techniques, SPC, process capability, traceability, control points
- Metrology techniques such as Measurement System Analysis (MSA), calibration standards and systems, measurement error and its sources, and control and maintenance of measurement standards and devices.
- Project management and planning tools, measuring and monitoring of project activities and project documentation. Proficiency in information technology systems utilized in Quality Management Systems and process
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline, Professional certification (CPM, APICS, Six Sigma, CQM, PE, etc.) is preferred
- 8 years of experience in quality or quality engineering in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, QMS manufacturing practices, and progressive customer relationships.
- Experience in quality management, operations, lean manufacturing processes and visual management.
- Ability to travel up to 40% (domestic and international)
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval