Our client, a med device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit an Agile Project Manager for their site.
To pursue our mission of “helping clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology”, we are looking for an experienced agile project manager to work with our growing team of software engineers. The main purpose of this role is to guide and support an agile team of software engineers working to an agile methodology, delivering business critical projects for our customers whilst maintaining good team morale.
Reporting into our Programme Manager, this will be a key role within our agile project management team working in a highly collaborative manner with your team members and all project stakeholders. As the agile project manager, you will be responsible for leading, coaching and motivating a cohort of software engineers on a daily basis. You will be the main contact point for all your team members, so your communication and people skills need to be excellent. If you are passionate about leading and coaching a high performing team of software engineers (development and test) to deliver the right product for our customers, then you are the right person for this job.
- Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of software engineers in the creation of high quality software to agreed project deadlines.
- Actively promote an agile mindset and a positive working environment for the team.
- Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban) values, practices and rules.
- Drive and support the adoption of new agile process tools and techniques within your team.
- Use a servant leadership style to support the team: respond to issues and remove impediments.
- Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
- Shield the team and educate all stakeholders about the team way of working (WoW).
- Work closely and listen to team members’ feedback to identify issues and resolve conflicts.
- Train and mentor new team members around agile processes and developing an agile mindset.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner (PO), Business Analyst (BA) and Technical Team Lead (TTL) to ensure a well groomed backlog of requirements is available for the development team.
- Support and educate our customer PO’s, especially around the grooming and maintenance of Product Backlogs.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of financial performance of sprints and overall projects
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team based release planning.
- Working with a team of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) and BA staff, assess the performance of the team and establish a pace of development that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Work with the team to define sprint targets and then work closely with the team to ensure delivery of sprint targets and team commitments.
- Play a key role in facilitating realistic estimates of delivery effort to assist with team planning.
- Work with other agile project managers to maintain a consistent set of agile delivery processes and drive adoption of same within your team.
- Assume a high level of ownership for the agile processes adopted within your team.
- Ability to clearly communicate in all forms including email, phone, documents and in person.
- Occasional travel to customer sites as required by each project.
- B.Sc/B.Eng or greater in a computing, engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years in a software engineering environment.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in agile project management, leading a software development team that was applying agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Proven experience developing an agile mindset in yourself and others.
- In-depth knowledge of agile estimation and planning techniques.
- Proven experience in recognising issues, risks and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Experience in working with external customers (Product Owners), strong stakeholder management and communication skills are vital.
- Team player that has the ability to work with individuals at all levels in an organisation.
- The ability to build trust and openness in interactions within and outside the team.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
For further information on this Project Manager role in Limerick please contact Anne-Marie Fox 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval