In this role, the PD Analytical Chemist will be responsible for day-to-day testing and support activities associated with specific combination product development projects.
- Play a key scientific and leadership role in method development and delivery of analytical technologies, including HPLC, GC/MS, NMR, FTIR.
- Support the product development teams with technical expertise in the area of analytical chemistry with particular focus on polymer product development i.e. Intrinsic Viscosity, degradant product analysis, polymerization characterization by NMR, etc.
- Support new product introductions, working with internal and external teams to develop and transfer analytical methodologies. This includes method development, optimization and validation.
- Provide technical mentorship to Laboratory Analysts through expertise in a wide variety of assay methods, instrumentation and laboratory quality systems.
- Identify and introduce systems & testing improvements.
- Support the implementation of quality systems
- 5+ year?s relevant experience in GMP Manufacturing/Testing environment in Medical Device/Pharmaceutical Industry, particularly analytical testing associated with combination product development.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Science, Chemistry or related subject.
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which effect immediate operations.
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures (i.e. assembly instructions, inspection procedures, capital proposals).
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex product and/or process issues using independent judgement.
- Strong background in method development and validation for HPLC, GC-MS and NMR.
- Excellent analytical skills and promotes a problem solving work style.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tool, inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
For further information on this Development Chemist role in Limerick please contact Cliona O?Malley on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval