Our client requires an experienced Analytical Physicist for a permanent role in the Galway site. The R&D Analytical Physicist has primary responsibility for all aspects of the physical testing.
- Improve existing or develop new test methods for analytical physical testing on ophthalmic lenses, coating solutions, and raw materials - including solvents, resins, photochromic dyes, stabilizers, and fixed tint dyes.
- Responsible for physical analytical equipment in terms of ensuring they are maintained and calibrated, that ANOVA Gauge R&R studies are carried out, trouble-shoot any issues, and make sure consumable supplies are available. The relevant analytical equipment includes microscopes, Fischer microhardness, nanoindentor, impact testers, DSC and TMA.
- Provide training and oversight to R&D and production laboratory personnel (at all locations if required) to ensuring good understanding and correct operation of physical analytical equipment.
- Maintain strong links with the PPG and Essilor analytical teams.
- Support the R&D Technicians in carrying out analytical physical testing.
- Interpret, document and effectively communicate test results. Work with the R&D product development teams as required in determining if the testing being carried out is suitable and what the test results mean / don't mean.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of work completed.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Third level qualification in Chemistry, Physics, Material or Analytical Sciences
- 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of quality control systems
- Strong team player, good communication skills and customer focus
- Willing to travel internationally (up to 10%)
For further information on this Analytical Physicist role in Galway please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval