Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Applications Engineer for their site.
- Design, develop, introduce, modify, improve, and/or advance fastening solutions to potential customers who may have an application but who have not yet identified a suitable solution.
- Support sales activity for key customers with calls and visits as necessary.
- Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
- Coordinate all development activities with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Finance, Installation and Sales & Marketing.
- Generate manufacturing costs and submit to pricing co-ordinator.
- Provide technical support to customers/distributors and to Regional Managers.
- Generate, lead and conduct training sessions with either distributor or customers as appropriate.
- Undertake research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
- Communicate with all levels of support functions including management.
- Train groups of people in new technologies, processes and products.
- Travel to promote the organisations application engineering product development offering, new product releases, visit customers and Authorised Distributors as necessary.
- Third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years engineering experience.
- Project management skills with proven experience.
- Application Engineering skills with proven track record solving problems and working in cross functional teams bringing concepts from idea to market.
- Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred), Microsoft Office and Project Management tools.
- Experience with engineering tools such as SPC.
- Experience using Business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
- Finite Element Analysis, desirable.
- Must be able to use laboratory testing tools as required (e.g. hand tools, tensile tester, hardness test equipment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interpret and communicate data accurately.
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for travel.
For further information on this Applications Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval