Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Applications Engineer for their site.
The Applications Engineering Department is responsible for the design, development and commercialization of innovative fastening solutions for European and global markets. This fulltime position within our Applications Engineering Team requires a self-motivated individual that can identify new application opportunities and conceptualize new ways to solve fastening problems for our customers. Responsibilities include all activities related to the selection, specification and sale of the company’s products and solutions.
- Design, develop, introduce, modify, improve, and/or advance fastening solutions to potential
- customers who may have an application but who have not yet identified a suitable solution.
- Support sales activity for key customers with calls and visits as necessary.
- Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
- Coordinate all development activities with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Finance, Installation and Sales & Marketing.
- Generate manufacturing costs and submit to pricing co-ordinator.
- Provide technical support to customers/distributors and to Regional Managers.
- Generate, lead and conduct training sessions with either distributor or customers as
- Undertake research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
- Communicate with all levels of support functions including management.
- Train groups of people in new technologies, processes and products.
- Travel to promote the organisations application engineering product development offering, new
- product releases, visit customers and Authorised Distributors as necessary.
- Third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years engineering experience.
- Project management skills with proven experience.
- Application Engineering skills with proven track record solving problems and working in cross
- functional teams bringing concepts from idea to market.
- Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred), Microsoft Office and Project
- Management tools.
- Experience with engineering tools such as SPC.
- Experience using Business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
- Finite Element Analysis, desirable.
- Must be able to use laboratory testing tools as required (e.g. hand tools, tensile tester, hardness
- test equipment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interpret and communicate data accurately.
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for travel.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.