Job ID: JOB-11637
Our client, a leader in the design and manufacture of specialty self-clinch fasteners are looking to recruit an Applications Engineer to join their team in Galway.
The Applications Engineering Department is responsible for the design, development and commercialization of innovative fastening solutions for European and global markets. This full-time position within the Applications Engineering Team requires a self-motivated individual that can identify new application opportunities and conceptualize new ways to solve fastening problems for our customers. Responsibilities include all activities related to the selection, specification and sale of the company’s products and solutions.
- Design, develop or improve fastening solutions to new and existing customers.
- Support sales activities for key customers with technical calls and visits as and when required.
- Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
- Coordinate the development activities within the business including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Installation equipment dept.
- Generate manufacturing costs and submit to pricing co-ordinator.
- Provide technical support to customers/distributors and to Regional Sales Managers.
- Coordinate, plan and conduct training with new and key distributors and customers.
- Communicate with all business levels and support functions, including management.
- Provide in-house training in Application Engineering and PEM product and solution offerings.
- Travel and promote PEMs Application Engineering and product development offering, including new product releases to external customers.
- Visit customers and Authorised Distributors as necessary.
- Undertake research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
- Third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of engineering experience.
- Application Engineering skills with track record of solving problems and working in or with a cross functional team.
- Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with engineering tools such as SPC.
- Experience using Business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
- Finite Element Analysis, desirable.
- Must be able to use laboratory testing tools as required (e.g. hand tools, tensile tester, hardness test equipment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interpret and communicate data accurately.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for travel.
For further information on this Applications Engineer role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 0874108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…