Our client, an automotive company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an APU Process & Methods Process Test Engineer for their site.
- Process Test Engineer is responsible for the all the Test Processes and Equipment in the APU (Autonomous Production unit). This will include TRP (efficiencies), TLR (yield) and scrap. Continuous Improvement is an integral part of the job. Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action implementation are also a fundamental part of the job.
- The successful candidate will become part of a team charged with the responsibility to:
- Optimise ICT, CMAT & FTT performance, (as measured by TRP)
- Lead root cause analysis into all types of TRP/TLR losses to find and implement permanent corrective actions
- Contribute to standards development in production and benchmark to Best Practice
- Continually identify and capitalize on opportunities for improvement in cycle times, TLR performance and scrap/rework levels
- Contribute to the successful transition of products/processes from NPI and P1 to Series production
- Define and implement TLR & TRP action plans to maintain and improve the company KPI.
- Develop and take ownership of key process / equipment in-line with the APU resource plan.
- Develop and take ownership of key customer products / part numbers in-line with the APU resource plan.
- Implement and maintain the process / product quality standards in line with the company / customer standards.
- Generation of Project Documentation – Timing Plans, Build Reviews, Process Validation Reports, OEE Reports, Operator Instructions.
- Defining Training Requirements for Operators/Technicians following changes in Production- product or process.
- Drive the implementation of Kanban Systems to ensure clear definition of Material Handling Systems in Mfg Cells.
- Introduction of 5S Principles into each Mfg Cell.
- Presentation of the Process to both internal & external Customers.
- Resolve Customer Quality Issues in conjunction with APU Quality Eng. Or other resources as required.
- Support Operations in resolving Technical Issues within sustaining Operations.
- Implement ECO’s and Production Permits and validate the changes.
- Ensure the process is maintained to V5000 & TS 16949 level or above at all times.
- Ensure the Production System Requirements are respected and implemented as per agreed roadmaps.
- Degree/Diploma in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Industrial/Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 5 Years’ Experience in Electronics Mfg. Environment desired.
- Working knowledge of Cellular Manufacturing Design, Takt Time Analysis, APQP, PPAP MSA, PFMEAs, DFM Rules, 5S & OEE Measurement.
- Team player with initiative.
- Mindset of Continuous Improvement.
- Must have a broad range of manufacturing/engineering experience, ideally in an automotive and/or electronics production environment.
- Experience of engineering change management would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to deliver technical projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent people management, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable self-leader, comfortable with performing within a dynamic environment.
- The company reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his/her duties.
For further information on this APU Process & Methods Process Test Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.