Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit an Artwork Planner for their site.
Essential Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Key areas of responsibility that the Artwork Planner will be held accountable for include hands-on participation in supply chain department activities such as Demand Management and Customer service, Manufacturing Planning for the Athlone facility, Raw material purchasing and Business & Quality Compliance. Tasks to be completed will encompass all of the department activities listed above. Other site function and customer interactions and must follow supply chain best practices.
Demand Management & Customer Service
- Process customer orders as per the current department procedures and issue customers with order confirmations detailing pricing and expected delivery dates.
- Provide customers business updates on agreed formats and frequencies while ensuring accurate and prompt responsiveness to customer inquiries.
- Direct requests and unresolved client issues to the appropriate designated resource.
- Keep clear and concise records of customer interactions and transactions.
- Collate forecasting data on a monthly basis from customers and present clear and consolidated demand picture to the wider business.
- Participate by taking a lead role at planning meetings and liaise directly with all groups involved in the manufacturing process - e.g. Operations, QC, QA, & Tec Services as appropriate to resolve operational issues as they arise.
- Establish manufacturing requirements and monitor adherence to schedule reporting variances in a timely and business appropriate manner.
- Provide guidance to R&D during product development projects on manufacturing facility supply chain requirements for best cost/lead time in a commercial environment.
- Plan and implement activities related to the timely cost-effective inventory control, planning and quality control of production and R&D materials.
- Participate by taking a lead role with respect to the Purchasing and Management of Printed Packaging components.
- Interface directly with all departments on site to ensure that materials that are required to support Manufacturing schedules are available as required.
- Ensure that Purchase specifications are in place prior to purchasing materials and liaise directly with suppliers with respect to delivery schedules.
- Execute Supplier negotiations for best total cost, lead-times and terms for the business.
- Ensure that purchase orders are used to secure goods and services on behalf of the company.
Compliance (Quality & Business):
- Ensure that at all times any tasks being completed is done in a manner that is fully compliant with all Quality requirements and Business guidelines.
- Present, where appropriate, any information (technical or otherwise) requested by internal audit groups, external audit groups or other functional departments on site.
- Develop policies and procedures as requested in the areas of Artwork Management, procurement, supplier management, Inventory Management, storage and distribution of materials and finished goods.
- Complete all assigned training on time.
- Close out all assigned quality notifications on time and to the standard expected by quality.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the department.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal & external departments.
- Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
- Ability and flexibility to perform all other job-related and ad-hoc duties as required.
- Solid business acumen with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Strong organizational skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams and continuous improvement teams.
- Ability to work positively with global supply chain colleagues in the interest of the site and organisation.
- Appreciation of the different challenges of start-up and subsequent commercialisation of a new pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering, Business, Supply Chain).
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
APICS or other related procurement qualification.
8+ professional Artwork Specific Purchasing and planning experience in a multinational manufacturing organisation.
- Experience of ERP solutions used within global manufacturing organisations including integration of Serialisation requirements.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, monitoring vendor performance and improving this performance.
- Ideally, experience working in a start-up environment and therefore in establishing systems without the ability to leverage existing business processes.
- Working experience and understanding of GMP regulations and GDP requirements.
- Experienced in dealing with multi-site relationships and interactions with a high level of Customer Service orientation/understanding.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications essential.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
For further information on this Artwork Planner role in Westmeath please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.