Assistant Engineering Manager
Our client, a medical device manufacturer in County Mayo is recruiting for an Assistant Engineering Manager. This is a Senior Engineering opportunity with people management of 5-7 reports (Project engineers).
- Providing direction of Associates within Global Engineering, controlling organization growth and work force planning, recruitment and selection, managing performance and career development planning.
- Develop & manage Master Project Plan, and ensure performance to plan.
- Communicate with external stakeholders, support individual project leaders and co-ordinate the overall program resources and budget
- Management of the Capital budget of the Engineering Departments.
- Support Operations capacity improvement projects and focused improvement teams.
- Development and implementation of cost reduction programmes on an annual basis.
- Directly contribute to and support continuous improvement in the business in terms of technology, capability and behaviour in line with the business demands.
- Working with the NPC & GMO functions, providing appropriate technical support on both existing and new product development.
- Manage the introduction of new products/technology ensuring a stable and capable process.
- Management of the EHS function, and contribution to the promotion of Health and Safety within the plant, including accident investigation, development of accident reduction measures and controls, and conformance to current legislation with regard to machine safety.
Experience and Skills
- Primary Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline is mandatory (Desirable but not essential – Post Graduate Degree in Business or Engineering discipline).
- Technical expertise in pneumatics, electrical and electronics, mechanical and computer aided design.
- Must have the technical ability to contribute to and lead continuous improvements /advancements
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to drive change.
- Functional management experience in a high volume-manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Minimum of three years in a senior project management role with a proven record of accomplishment of on time delivery.
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver high value and high complexity projects. A passion and track record of coaching and mentoring engineers.
- Medical Device manufacturing and Global Engineering experience of highly automated environment
- FDA, ISO experience preferred
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.