Title Assistant Value Stream Manager
Reports to Value Stream Manager – VS3
The primary focus of the role is to provide day to day operational leadership to a Value Stream business unit, contributing to the delivery of the annual business plan within budget. This entails leading and coordinating Production activities and resources.
These efforts will contribute to the ongoing growth, improved profitability and the continuity of Hollister as an independent company.
Leadership of headline metrics including safety, quality, service and cost
- Lead and develop Health & Safety culture and systems.
- Implementation of Hollister Production System and the bedding in of same to ensure it is a part of how we do things in Continence Care
- Support Hollister Quality System Requirements, compliance, CAPAs and develop a culture of quality excellence.
- Customer focused, understands business finance & importance of the Value Stream key operational performance indicators including OEE /efficiency, effectiveness, and waste reduction.
- Alignment with total business objectives.
- Contribute to Value Stream budgets development including headcount with subsequent accountability for all direct, indirect & overhead cost elements
Typical Daily Activities
- Manages effective daily shop floor stand-up meetings / pulse walks to delegate priority tasks to provide clear ownership & direction.
- Liaise with SME Engineering and the VS Maintenance function thus ensuring that effective maintenance systems support schedule adherence. This responsibility includes escalation of unplanned interruptions and root causing of same.
- Work closely with QA to ensure the production of quality products and generally seeks methods to improve quality performance.
- Support production planning initiatives and requests for planned interruptions.
- Support, coach and mentor direct employees to ensure they are competent to implement HPS, run GB/BB projects, 5S and other tasks.
- Manage labour planning requirements for both direct and indirect.
Communications and People Development & Engagement
- Provides clear leadership, delegation & coaching support to the VS team. Builds & delivers effective communications at all levels.
- Development of the Team Leader structure and performance management within the Value Stream
- Employee selection, development & engagement
Internal and External Networking
- Networks to build relationships internal and external to the Value Stream
- Maintains open & immediate communications with the Senior Management Team on critical operational issues.
Plant Business and Strategic Planning
- Participate as a key contributor to Plant strategy formulation and execution including future growth objectives.
- Contribute to the Ballina business planning process, including budget formulation and tracking.
- Coordinate internal Value Stream relations with internal Shop Stewards and participate as required in meetings with elected representatives.
Required: Primary degree in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Business discipline.
Desirable: Post graduate degree in Continuous Improvement, Operations, Business or Engineering discipline
Length of Experience
5 to 7 years functional leadership experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
3 years Lean/Six Sigma experience.
Previous experience of Class II medical device industry.
Experience with moderate to high automation.
Strong technical acumen / background.
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge
Appropriate financial acumen of a manufacturing business unit
It is important to note that this position requires the associate to be able to work flexible start/stop times, across all shifts; multi-shift operations, requires the capability to access associates on these shifts. Available on a 24/7 basis on the cell phone if urgent.
Please contact Fiona Keane at 086 773 8651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information