Associate Director of Manufacturing
Job ID: JOB-12478
Manufacturing Associate Director
The Associate Director of Manufacturing has overall responsibility for the Operation in meeting its requirements in terms of Supply, Customer Service, On Time Delivery, Back Orders and Quality. Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of the manufacturing process. Provides leadership, manages daily manufacturing operations, and drives Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Compliance & Regulatory requirements and Cost Improvements that will add value to the site
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and leads the Operation strategy to meet the requirements of the company strategy.
- Drive a culture of Quality and compliance and understand the Quality System and how departments impact the quality system and ensures compliant execution of all functions within scope.
- Continue to develop and grow high performing teams by leading by example and building a strong sustainable culture of teamwork and delivery.
- Develop and deliver strategies that promote operational excellence across the key pillars of Quality, Cost, Delivery and People.
- Develop, monitor and improve operational budget for the Operation to include all direct and variable costs.
- Develop strategies for new products introductions, transfers and line extensions in line with business growth plans. Identify opportunities for new technologies and equipment introductions with relevant stakeholders.
- Management of key stakeholders both internal and external across all Company sites.
- Drive site efficiency and improvement activities utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts to drive continuous
- Improvement through Kaizen.
- Predict and redesign manufacturing systems to bring about improvements in performance while still complying
- with current and future regulations.
- Attract, retain, and encourage individual development of key personnel for future assignments by arranging appropriate formal training, mentoring, or other experiences.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively lead a team in the achievement of objectives.
- Ability to think ahead and strategically plan for continued success.
- Understanding of applicable legal and regulatory requirements within the medical device industry.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills to continually improve the manufacturing process.
- Operational leadership including successful Lean implementation resulting in productivity gains.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the operation and continuous improvement initiatives
Education/ Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable engineering, technical or business discipline (or equivalent experience) with 7-10 years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing, quality, or development engineering of which 3 to 5 years were in supervisory/management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience guiding and implementing high velocity large scale change initiatives that produce greater level of innovation, quality, service, efficiency, and learning.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following areas: building a high performing team, capacity planning and development; budgeting , development of quality/productivity plans; new product introductions, process development; manufacturing flow analysis and implementation.
- Proven record of lean implementation to improve performance.
Up to 15%
For further information on this role in Clare please contact Deirdre Finnerty on email@example.com or 086-3073779
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…