Associate Director Operations
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork is currently looking to recruit an Associate Director Operations (Vaccines) for their site.
- The Vaccines manufacturing operations team (VIPT) requires an experienced Drug Substance Operations Lead. This role will lead an Operations team to successfully manufacture and supply quality vaccines in meeting the Manufacturing Division priorities during a period of significant expansion of our vaccines business.
- The leadership style is one of collaboration, coaching and facilitating the Integrated Process Team (IPT) to become a high performance organisation. This will require a substantial amount of his/her time within the IPT process, engaging and communicating with all IPT members.
- The Operations Lead is accountable for the effective and efficient running of operations activities to a defined daily, weekly and monthly schedule as agreed with our customers. This requires a flexible, collaborative, multi-skilled teamwork environment.
Accountable to deliver on production requirements
- Responsible for tactical and strategic planning and decision making for the Vaccines IPT, to ensure supply of high quality product through tactical planning and execution of production schedules.
- Providing coaching and support to the Integrated Process team colleagues, including the identification and development of key talent and skills within the team.
- Drive the team's performance so that every individual understands their individual contribution and how it impacts the site.
- Consistently deliver on key performance metrics, e.g. schedule adherence, EHS and Quality Compliance, and budget performance.
- Foster collaboration with other functional support and operations areas.
- Driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying MSD Six Sigma tools within the IPT
- Provide Operations leadership on strategic new project and process tech transfer activities
- Ensure the highest Quality, Compliance and Safety standards.
- Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline (preferably Masters).
- Preference for Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- 5 years' experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge in pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical technical / manufacturing operations, with experience of successfully delivering a significant process / technical project.
- Knowledge of Regulations and applicable standards for Quality, Safety, Regulatory
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology manufacturing operation (e.g. manufacturing, technology, engineering, quality).
Skill Set & Expectations
- Demonstrated capability to deliver results RFT, in a FDA / HPRA Regulated production environment.
- Proven financial stewardship for budget development and control.
- Proven track record of delivering high performance through development and coaching of a team.
- Demonstrated ability in holding team members accountable for results and managing performance.
- Stakeholder management of multiple decision makers, corporate colleagues, cross-functional team by demonstrating the ability to maintain and strengthen trust relationships with people on all levels
- Demonstrated capability to deliver results in a compliant cost effective manner
- Demonstrated experience with Industrial Relations.
- Demonstrated leadership, including change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval